Acne is a skin condition that spots the skins with pimples, blackheads and even freckles at times. Anybody can get acne. Even some babies are reported to have acne! But it is a fact that Acne is more prevalent in teenagers than any other age group. Its strike rate in adolescence is comparatively higher than in adults or old people.
Note: My recommendation for you is to read Proactive reviews before buying any over the counter acne treatment
The reasons behind this are given below:
Why acne is common in adolescene – Reasons
• Growing children do not take care of their skin enough due to which it becomes oily with clogged pores, ultimately leading to the condition Acne which creates spots on the skin.
• Teenagers are at the developing age of puberty and other hormonal changes and sometimes these changes bring about changes in the skin as well, i.e. acne.
• Since it is common in teenagers, their education and knowledge of acne is very little and this inverse relationship only causes it to occur often.
• Emotional stress and mental stature of adolescents also cause them to develop acne on their skin.
Statistics show that over eighty percent of teenagers across the world face acne problems which remain as a constant throughout their teens and disappear when they enter their twenties. And out of those eighty percent, less than eleven percent has had the opportunity to consult a doctor about it. The rest just lay low and hope that it’ll pass among the other awkward interphases of being a teen. Acne problems shouldn’t be handled in this manner. It only makes matters worse.
Sometimes, teenagers are not to be blamed about their acne problems.
It also has a heredity pattern because parents who had acne in their childhood, their kids are more likely to have it as well even if they do take proper care of their skin. However, it isn’t a really serious problem that everyone should worry about since it does no harm to the health of the body and certainly doesn’t cause any trouble in the internal systems either. Although the scarring of the face is probably the worst kind of suffering one goes through, especially a teenager in their adolescence years, it is something that will pass. But it shouldn’t be taken lightly either. If one has acne, it is best to take measures to get rid of it or else it could stay for a longer time or cause permanent dark spots as well but this seldom happens.
It would be best to hold educational classes in school from a younger age to explain about hygiene and how to take care of the skin because it really lowers a kid’s confidence level and self esteem when something happens to the skin of the face. It is the age at which a boy or a girl wants to look their best because the teasing and the groups and the social ladder are just too much of a worry for them. Since it is an agreed upon fact that Acne is way more common in teenagers than it is in adults, here are a few ways to get the youngsters to solve their problems and never get acne or get rid of the acne problem.
Tips for adolesecents to help prevent / treat acne
• For girls, it is utmost important to know that they shouldn’t put on many chemicals on the skin. Light amounts of make-up are fine but any more than that and it genuinely harms the skin and leads to skin conditions such as acne.
• For boys, they do not take care of their skin at all! If they could just wash their faces when it gets too oily from playing sports or sitting under the sun for long, the clogged pores would not be present and they would not get overly pimples and acne.
• Eating a healthy diet for both boys and girls is very important. Those teenagers who eat a balanced diet filled with vegetables and fruits have higher chances of clear skin than those who survive on junk food and fizzy drinks.
• Drink ample amounts of water. It essential for the skin.
Acne shouldn’t be taken as disease, as it is by some adolescents. It is just part of growing up like getting facial hair and the breaking of voices as well as developing other characteristics that bring about changes in the body. One shouldn’t stress about it but one shouldn’t ignore it either. Ignoring it would just make it worse. Take care of the skin if it is riddled with acne and be patient. Eventually, it’ll just remove itself when the right time comes. Treatments are always available such as herbal supplements and acne treatment kits that could make the process of recovering to a flawless skin faster and if one really cannot wait, then there is no harm in getting those or consulting a good dermatologist. Whatever helps, should be done.